AAN MAGAZINE ARTICLE & PHOTO SUBMISSION INSTRUCTIONS:
There are two parts required for submission. Part 1 is the information about your submission. Part 2 is the submission of files for your article and photos. Please complete each section below.
Your word document article has to have the following:
- Deck (little description of what the article is about)
- Copy (in a Word document preferably)
- Byline (name of the person who sent or wrote the article)
Note: Your article will be reviewed and edited according to Alberta Adventist News Editorial guidelines.
To submit photos:
- Only high-resolution pictures (JPGS, TIFFS, PNGS), no less than 300 dpi resolution and at least 2 megabytes in size are accepted. To review the size, go to the photo properties info and the size will appear as per example: 2mb or 150kb. The files that are under 2mb or 2000kb, are TOO SMALL for our printing purposes and will not be accepted.
- Absolutely NO photos pasted in a Word document. They don't work well for printing in magazines.
- If you have a paper photo or an old photo to submit, send a scanned image at 300dpi or 600dpi resolution. You can also send a hard copy or your original photo (this actually works better).
- Please write a cutline or description so we can identify the people in the photo, the site or event.
- If necessary send the credit of the photographer.
- Permission to use the photo. Fill out form attached. Sign it, scan it and upload to your photo batch.